StanfordTemps provides recruitment services for filling immediate and temporary staffing needs at the university. Finding high-quality candidates to fill temporary staff positions is critical to the university’s success. The most common temporary positions are administrative, technical and finance assignments. Temporary positions vary from approximately one month to several months in duration.
If you are looking to return to Stanford or if you are new to Stanford,
Returning to Stanford
- Utilize your Stanford experience in a new area of the university
- Hiring managers are looking for candidates with Stanford experience, particularly Oracle
- Part-time and full-time opportunities available
New to Stanford
- Learn what it’s like to work at Stanford before committing to a long-term opportunity
- Possibilities to work multiple assignments, allowing the opportunity to experience diverse areas of the university
- Opportunities to apply to open positions as many temporary assignments are vacant positions
The advantages of working as a StanfordTemp include:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Opportunities to apply to vacant staff positions
- Hands-on experience with Stanford systems and processes
- Being part of a highly-respected university world-renowned for its innovation and research
- Work in a beautiful campus environment set on more than 8,000 acres
Work at a premier employer in the Bay Area and beyond. Stanford named:
- A 2012 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area
- A 2012 Top Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Working Mother “100 Best Companies” 2012
Typical StanfordTemps assignments involve:
- Average duration is 1-6 months
- Part-time and full-time opportunities
- Typical temporary assignments are administrative, technical, or financial/accounting roles
An application must be submitted online for each temporary position you are interested in. The application process includes three steps:
- Step 1: Upload your contact information
- Step 2: Upload your resume and cover letter
- Step 3: Answer pre-screening questions, if applicable
If we find a match between your skills, and our needs,
you will be contacted directly.
Is StanfordTemps an agency?
StanfordTemps is not an agency; rather, we are a function of Stanford University’s Staff Employment department, providing a service to Stanford hiring managers.
If you work for StanfordTemps are you considered a Stanford employee?
If you are placed on assignment with StanfordTemps, Stanford University is your employer and you are employed on a temporary basis.
Is there a limit to the number of hours I can work as a temporary employee at Stanford?
Temporary employees are limited to a total of 980 temporary hours each calendar year on Stanford’s payroll.
I don’t have a computer. May I mail my resume to you?
We can only consider applications submitted online. We do not accept applications via postal mail or drop-off. If you don’t have a computer, consider using public-access computers at your local library.
What happens after my resume is received?
We will review your resume and if your background is a good match to our current temporary assignments, you will be contacted for an interview and provided an orientation to StanfordTemps processes.
I submitted my resume and have not heard back. Why not?
If you submitted a resume and have not received contact from StanfordTemps, it generally means we are working with temporary assignments that are not a fit with your background. We do retain your information, so you may be contacted at a future time as additional temporary staffing needs arise.
Can I make an appointment to speak with someone in person?
Unfortunately, we do not offer individual appointments and do not meet with candidates that stop by our offices.
What is the pay range for temporary positions?
The pay range for temporary positions varies depending upon the type of job. Typical administrative assignments pay in the range of $17 to $25 per hour.
How long is a typical temporary assignment?
The average StanfordTemps assignment extends one month to six months. Most assignments are full-time with a commitment of 40 hours per week, but we do fill some part-time assignments.
In a temporary position, am I eligible for benefits?
No, StanfordTemps assignments are temporary positions and are not eligible for benefits.
How do temporary positions get paid?
Pay for temporary assignments are handled in the same manner the rest of the university payroll is handled; payroll is processed twice each month.
Do you place people in temp-to-hire positions?
StanfordTemps assignments are open for a variety of reasons including to fill in for staff members on vacation and leave, to help handle extra project work, and to fill a job vacancy. We do not offer temp-to-hire positions, however, a number of StanfordTemps employees have successfully transitioned into continuing employment positions with Stanford.
What is required in terms of background checks, reference checks and file checks?
StanfordTemps candidates should expect reference and background checks to be a part of the employment process. Additionally, the personnel files of candidates with prior benefit-eligible Stanford experience will be taken into consideration.
What are my other options for temporary work at Stanford?
Stanford hiring managers have a number of options when seeking temporary staffing help including utilizing external employment agencies and sourcing temporary candidates on their own. At this time, Stanford does not maintain a central listing of available temporary assignments.