Excellence is at the core
Join a community where excellence is at the core of our culture, contributions are valued and a range of benefits and rewards are available to support you and your family throughout your Stanford career.
Outstanding Benefits and Unique Perks
From health care and retirement plans to time off and educational assistance programs, working at Stanford offers extraordinary advantages. Our comprehensive benefits sync with your life stage and what’s important to you.
At Stanford, we think about compensation as more than just pay. It also includes benefits, paid time off and a variety of other perks.
- Enjoy generous paid time off, including 10 paid holidays, vacation and sick time, personal time off and wellness time
- Receive financial support for child care and adoption assistance programs
- Get additional time off during our annual two-week winter closure
Understanding that staff need a balance between work, personal and family time, we provide access to services and benefits such as wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
For these and other reasons, the Chronicle of Higher Education ranked Stanford in the top five nationally for work-life balance and job satisfaction.
Whether you are 25 or 65, single or have dependents, every stage of life comes with its own set of pleasures, responsibilities and challenges. We help you navigate your stage by offering benefits that promote a healthy, fulfilling life.
- We offer comprehensive medical, life, dental and vision plans to meet your unique needs
- Take advantage of free on-site confidential counseling to support your mental well being
- Get benefits assistance from our friendly on-site service team
Because we care about your future, we offer the Stanford Contributory Retirement Plan (SCRP) to help you save for your retirement.
- Receive basic and matching contributions of up to 10% of earnings, which are immediately vested
- Attend workshops and meet with financial counselors to help you set and meet your financial goals
Development is the foundation of our career management approach at Stanford, and we offer numerous programs and resources to assist you.
- Take advantage of Tuition & Training Programs that benefit you and your dependents
- Receive personalized career development assistance from career counselors
- Participate in on-and offline programs, workshops and resources to support your ongoing career growth and development
Sweeteners represent the “sweetest” perks and rewards of being affiliated with Stanford.
- Get special discounts for computing, cell phones, transportation, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment and more
- Access on-campus museums, gardens and walking trails
- Enjoy convenient, on-campus services including a post office, bookstore, hair salon, notary and more
We Make Wellness a Priority
We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities and programs to help you and your family reach and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Get healthy—and earn money—by participating in the BeWell incentive program
- Take advantage of Health Improvement Program classes and workshops
- Access over 20 world-class athletic and recreation facilities
Part of a Healthier You
We take sustainability and environmental responsibility and we know is also part of supporting a healthier you.
- Enjoy commuter programs including free Caltrain Go pass, BTA Eco Pass and ridesharing incentives
- Access to recycling, composting and a host of programs that maintains our strong commitment to social innovation and environmental stewardship